THEFT INTERVENTION PROGRAMS | TIPS CLASSES
If you have been arrested and charged with a misdemeanor or felony theft charge, then you will likely be ordered by the Court to complete a Theft Intervention Programs, or TIPS.
Here is useful information on where you can complete a Court-ordered Theft Intervention Program (TIPS). Classes are offered throughout the Dallas Fort Worth area. For additional questions, please consult one of our experienced criminal defense lawyers.
LOCATIONS | THEFT INTERVENTION PROGRAMS | TIPS CLASS | DALLAS FORT WORTH CRIMINAL DEFENSE
As a condition of probation, you are many times required to complete a Theft Intervention Program or TIPS Class.
CSCD (Probation) typically requires all TIPS courses meet minimum requirements: 1.) They must be 10 total hours of counseling, 8 in a group setting and one-hour intake and exit sessions; 2.) Group sessions can meet one or two times weekly, for a total 4 or 8 weeks.
NOTE: “Fast-Track” programs (“Short TIPS”) such as one or two day programs are generally not approved; check with your officer or your attorney before signing up for any program. Completing a program not approved may result in you having to complete an additional approved program.
Make sure upon completion that you provide a Certificate of Completion to your Supervising Officer, or, if applicable, to your Dallas Fort Worth criminal defense lawyer. Here are locations throughout Dallas & Tarrant County (Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas, Grand Prairie, Plano):
A.L. Turner Academic Intervention:
- 2000 Beach Street, Fort Worth, Texas 7610
- 5068 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 300, Plano, TX 75093
- 2201 Main Street Suite 415, Dallas, TX 75201
Center of Therapeutic Change:
- 6320 Brentwood Stair Road, Fort Worth, TX | 817-446-9770
- 605 E Border Street, Arlington, TX | 817-548-9990
- 5801 Curzon, STE 245, Fort Worth, TX | 817-548-9990
Opportunities Counseling Center (Not approved for CCC4, Tarrant County):
- Numbers: 817-360-2983 | 214-708-7779 (English & Spanish Available)
- 601 University Drive, Suite 105, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- 517 N Carrier Pkwy, Suite H, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- 4849 W Illinois Ave, Suite B10A, Dallas, TX 75211
- 1111 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 850, Dallas, TX 75247
For additional questions or concerns, please contact one of our experienced Dallas Fort Worth criminal lawyers at 817-334-7900.