GUN CHARGES | STATE & FEDERAL CRIMINAL LAWYER
Accused of a gun charge in Fort Worth, Texas? Did you accidentally bring a gun to DFW Airport during trial?
We offer experienced Fort Worth and Colleyville criminal defense lawyers and former Tarrant County prosecutors who can provide the best defense in fighting your gun charge. All of our criminal defense attorneys are former prosecutors. Partner Colin McLaughlin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has experience working for the Court of Criminal Appeals, the highest criminal court in Texas. We have offices in Fort Worth and Colleyville, Texas in Tarrant County.
We represent clients on all types of State and Federal criminal charges, including drug possession charges, DWI, marijuana charges, sex crimes, crimes against children, theft, fraud, white collar crimes, gun and weapons charges, assault, murder, and violent crimes.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS | FORT WORTH & COLLEYVILLE, TEXAS
WHAT OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS OFFERS:
EXTENSIVE TRIAL EXPERIENCE – OVER 200 CRIMINAL JURY TRIALS
Our firm has extensive trial experience in criminal defense. Our criminal defense lawyers in Fort Worth and Colleyville have tried over 200 combined criminal jury trials, including jury trials for DWI, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Sexual Assault, Drug Possession, Gun and Weapons Charges, Burglary of a Habitation, and Capital Murder. In addition, we have reviewed and successfully negotiated thousands of criminal charges.
FORMER PROSECUTORS IN TARRANT, DALLAS, AND HARRIS COUNTY
As former prosecutors in Tarrant, Dallas, and Harris County, our criminal defense lawyers know how the State of Texas will attempt to prosecute you on your criminal charges. This knowledge will allow our firm to build a strong defense in fighting your state or federal criminal charges. All of our criminal lawyers are former Tarrant County prosecutors. We also have former prosecutors who were assigned to specialized units, including DWI prosecution and crimes against children.
PARTNER COLIN MCLAUGHLIN IS BOARD CERTIFIED IN CRIMINAL LAW BY THE TEXAS BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION
Our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyers know the inside and out of each and every aspect of a police investigation and State prosecution, including criminal laws, proper police procedures, DNA and blood forensic evidence, and knowing exactly how the State plans to introduce evidence into trial. Partner Colin McLaughlin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and also formerly clerked at the Court of Criminal Appeals, the state’s highest criminal court.
“PROTECTING YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!”
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.
– SIXTH AMENDMENT OF THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
ARRESTED IN TARRANT COUNTY ON GUN CHARGES?
EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER IN FORT WORTH
Then you need a criminal defense law firm in Tarrant County, TX that has the knowledge, the dedication, and the trial experience to give you the best defense possible. Partners Bryan Hoeller and Colin McLaughlin are both former Assistant District Attorneys (prosecutors) in Tarrant County. They have extensive experience as criminal defense attorneys in Fort Worth handling thousands of misdemeanor and felony gun charges. Our lawyers have tried over 200 criminal jury trials, from DWI to Capital Murder. Bryan has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2018, 2019, and 2020 by Thomson Reuters and has tried 75 criminal jury trials, including assault trials for Aggravated Assault, Aggravated Robbery, Murder, and Capital Murder. Colin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and previously worked at the Court of Criminal Appeals, the State’s Highest Criminal Court. Our entire legal defense team are former prosecutors in Tarrant County, Texas.
OUR STRATEGY IN FIGHTING YOUR CRIMINAL CHARGE:
Our strategy is simple: Be 100% committed to holding the State of Texas or the U.S. Government to their burden of proof (Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, the highest burden in any area of law). We accomplish this by thoroughly evaluated your case to make sure you are getting the best criminal defense possible. In addition, we make sure your constitutional rights are not being violated.
Here are some of the questions we consider as well as investigate your gun charges:
1. Did law enforcement follow the proper procedures in coming in contact with you (i.e. was it a good stop – did they have probable cause)?
2. Was the law enforcement’s search legal? Did they have consent? Did they have probable cause to search?
3. Is there a suppression issue in your case that would throw out some or all of the evidence?
4. Are there legally sufficient links to show that you were in legal “possession” of the gun or firearm?
5. If there was a search warrant, did the search warrant meet the requirements set out under Chapter 18 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure?
6. If DNA, Toxicology, Fingerprints, Gunshot Residue (GSR) or other law enforcement tests were conducted or administered, were the tests conducted according to their respective forensic guidelines or is there is an issue that would compromise the result?
7. Is there an issue with the background of one or many of the State’s witnesses that would affect the credibility of their testimony?
If you have a question or need us to start on your defense, call our Fort Worth criminal lawyer today for a free confidential consultation on your gun charges – 877-208-3382.
LIST OF STATE GUN CHARGES WE HANDLE
Felony Gun Charges:
- Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon involving a Firearm (2nd Degree Felony)
- Aggravated Robbery involving a Firearm
- Deadly Conduct
- Aggravated Sexual Assault (1st Degree Felony)
- Murder or Attempted Murder
Misdemeanor Gun Charges:
- Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon at an Airport (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Terroristic Threat (Class B Misdemeanor)
- Terroristic Threat on a Family Member (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Deadly Conduct (Class A Misdemeanor)