SEX CRIME LAWYER | SEXUAL ASSAULT ATTORNEY
Accused or arrested of a sex crime (i.e. sexual assault) and need a sexual assault attorney in Fort Worth or Colleyville, Texas? We offer a strategic, tailored defense for the toughest, most serious cases. Your defense starts from the minute you contact us. Partner Colin McLaughlin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a former Assistant District Attorney in the sex crimes unit at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office.
CALL TODAY AT 817-334-7900
FORT WORTH SEX CRIME LAWYER | COLLEYVILLE SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWYER | SEXUAL ASSAULT ATTORNEY
Arrested or accused of a sexual assault or a similar offense in Collevyille, Fort Worth or in Tarrant County, Texas? Being accused or arrested for a sexual assault is serious matter and you need a seasoned Fort Worth sex crime lawyer in Tarrant County to help in your defense.
Our criminal lawyers at Hoeller McLaughlin PLLC are all former prosecutors, with vast experience representing clients accused of sexual assault. Managing Partner Bryan Hoeller is a former felony prosecutor in Tarrant County and Dallas County, Texas. Bryan is 5 Star-Rated on Google and AVVO and has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2018 and 2019 by Thomson Reuters. Partner Colin McLaughlin is a former prosecutor assigned to the Sex Crimes Unit at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s office. Colin is also Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
RECENT RESULTS ON SEXUAL ASSAULT & SEX CRIMES OFFENSES CASES:
- 2019: Jury Trial in Tarrant County for Indecency with a Child – Case was DISMISSED mid-trial after our cross-examination.
- 2019: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped). Client charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault. Our firm communicated with the State and presented evidence to the State to be presented to a Grand Jury. The case was No Billed (Dropped). It will be eligible for an expunction.
- 2019: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped). Client charged with Sexual Assault. Our firm put on a Grand Jury defense packet and our client testified in front of the Grand Jury and the case was No Billed (Dropped). It will be eligible for an expunction.
- 2019: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped). Client charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault. Our firm communicated with the State and the case ended up No Billed by the Grand Jury.
- 2019: Deferred Adjudication on Possession of Child Pornography (Multiple Counts). Client charged with multiple counts of possession of child pornography. The State was asking for prison time. We made recommendations to our clients and presented the case to the Court. The Court granted our client deferred adjudication, which means the case could be DISMISSED if our client successfully completes it (no prison time).
- 2018: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped). Client charged with Sexual Abuse of a Child – Continuous and was facing 25-99/Life. Our firm put on a defense presentation to the Grand Jury and the case was No Billed.
- 2018: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped): Client charged with Sexual Assault of a Child and was facing 2-20 years in prison and lifetime registration. Our firm put on a defense presentation to the Grand Jury and the case was No Billed.
- 2018: Grand Jury No Bill (Case Dropped) & Expunction (Erased). Client charged with Sexual Abuse of a Child – Continuous in 2015 and was facing 25-99/Life. Our firm investigated the allegations and the DNA results ultimately exonerated our client. In 2018, we were able to Petition the Court for an Expunction, which was granted. Client’s record is now erased from the public.
- 2018: Grand Jury No Bill (Dropped): Client charged with Sexual Assault (Adult). Our firm put on a defense presentation, including a passed polygraph test, to the Grand Jury and the case was No Billed.
- 2017: Case Reduced to Non-Registerable Offense. Client charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child. After extensive investigation, the State agreed to reduce the case to an offense that allowed our client to get his case dismissed and will not require them to have to register as a sex offender.
- 2016: Case Dropped by CPS/Law Enforcement. Client accused of Sexual Assault of a Child. After assisting our client communicate and provide information to investigators, the case was dropped.
- 2015: Grand Jury No Bill (Dropped). Client charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child and was facing 25-99/Life. Our firm put on a defense presentation to the Grand Jury and the case was No Billed (Dropped).
TYPES OF SEX CRIMES OFFENSES OUR SEXUAL ASSAULT ATTORNEY DEFENDS:
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault of a Child
- Sexual Abuse of a Child (Continuous)
- Indecency with a Child
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Aggravated Kidnapping
- Public Lewdness
- Indecent Exposure
OUR STRATEGY IN FIGHTING YOUR SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATION:
Our strategy is simple: Be 100% committed to holding the State of Texas to the highest burden of proof in any area of law – Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. That includes:
- Case Review & Investigation: The first part of the our defense starts with a thorough evaluation and investigation into the criminal allegation, including investigating the background of any potential witness to the case (criminal history or any past history that would help in your defense).
- Expert Analysis: If necessary, our strategy also involves getting the best investigators and experts throughout the Country to aid in your defense (DNA Experts, Blood Experts, Fingerprint Experts, Former Police Officers, Detectives, FBI Agents, Etc.)
If you need help from a sex crime lawyer, call an experienced Fort Worth sex crime lawyer today for a free confidential consultation – 817-334-7900.
Every year the Texas Legislature passes new and amended criminal and DWI laws. These are important to keep up with because it can greatly impact cases for current and prospective clients. Here are some of the new Texas DWI & criminal laws for 2019. These laws will go into effect on September 1: DWI Deferred...
If you have been like me, then you have been glued to HBO’s new documentary “The Jinx” about real estate heir Robert Durst and how he has been linked, in one way or another, to the disappearance/death of his wife, the murder of his friend Susan Berman, and the death of a man in Galveston, Texas. And if you watched...
Are you on felony or misdemeanor probation in Tarrant County? Has the State filed a Motion to Adjudicate or a Motion to Revoke? If so, then you need an experienced Fort Worth criminal lawyer to help. When you are facing a probation violation or revocation in Tarrant County, then you are looking at a number...