DRUG POSSESSION CHARGES | DRUG LAWYER FORT WORTH
Accused of a state or federal drug possession charge? We offer experienced drug attorneys and former Tarrant County prosecutors who can provide the best defense in fighting your drug charge. All of our criminal lawyers are former prosecutors with extensive experience fighting drug charges, from misdemeanor marijuana charges to first degree felonies. Our goal is a dismissal or no bill of your drug possession charge.
Hoeller McLaughlin PLLC represents clients on all types of State and Federal criminal charges, including drug possession charges, DWI, marijuana charges, white collar crimes, gun and weapons charges, assault, murder, and violent crimes.
DRUG ATTORNEY | FORT WORTH DRUG LAWYER
If you have been arrested on a drug possession charge (marijuana, pills, methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, THC, HGH, etc.) in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, TX, then you need an experienced drug attorneys to help. Our criminal lawyers are all former prosecutors. Drug Attorney Bryan Hoeller is a former prosecutor in Tarrant and Dallas County, Texas. Colin McLaughlin is a former prosecutor in Tarrant and Harris County, Texas and is Board Certified in Criminal Law. Lindsay Truly is a former prosecutor in Tarrant County. Our lawyers have tried over 200 combined criminal jury trials and have handled thousands of drug charges. Our goal at Hoeller Mclaughlin PLLC is to offer the best defense on the toughest drug possession charges and drug delivery charges.
FEDERAL STATE AND FEDERAL DRUG CHARGES WE DEFEND:
- Possession of Marijuana 4 ounces to 5 pounds (State Jail Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance u/1 gram – Penalty Group 1 (State Jail Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Penalty Groups 1, 2, 3, and 4 – Felony Level Amounts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance 1-4 grams – Penalty Group 1 (3rd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance 4-200 grams – Penalty Group 1 (2nd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance 200-400 grams – Penalty Group 1 (1st Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance over 400 grams – Penalty Group 1 (Super First Degree Felony)
- Delivery & Manufacturing of a Controlled Substances (Enhances the Underlying Possession by a Degree)
- Federal & State Money Laundering & Engaging in Organized Charges
- Federal & State Felony Drug-Related Offenses (Evading Arrest, Weapons & Gun Charges, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm)
- Federal & State Civil Asset-Forfeiture Law Suits
MISDEMEANOR STATE AND FEDERAL DRUG POSSESSION CHARGES WE DEFEND:
- Possession of Marijuana u/2 ounces (Class B Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Marijuana 2-4 ounces (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Marijuana u/2 ounces in a School Zone (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance u/28 grams Penalty Group 3 (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Misdemeanor Drug-Related Offenses (Evading Arrest, Weapons & Gun Charges, Fail to ID, Etc.
- Asset-Forfeiture Civil Law Suits Resulting from a Misdemeanor Drug Possession Charge
OUR STRATEGY | THE BEST DEFENSE IN FIGHTING YOUR DRUG CHARGE:
- Did the police have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to stop you?
- Did the police have probable cause to search and seize your property?
- If there was a search warrant, did law enforcement comply with Chapter 18 of the Code of Criminal Procedure?
- Can the police “affirmatively link” the drug/dope to you? For example, just being in a car where drugs are found is not necessarily enough of a link.
- Was the drugs/dope someone else’s?
- Was a CI (confidential informant) involved?
- Was there an issue with the drug test?
FIRST OFFENDER DRUG PROGRAM (FODP):
If this is the first time you have ever been arrested on a drug charge and you don’t have any prior criminal history, you may qualify for the First Offender Drug Program run through the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office. Here is the link to their website for more information. If you successfully complete the FODP program, your drug possession charge will be dismissed and eligible for an expunction after a 1 year waiting period. Here is the list of charges that may qualify for the First Offender Drug Program:
The following offenses may be eligible for FODP:
- Possession of Controlled Substance, under 1 gram
- Possession of Controlled Substance, 1 – 4 grams
- Possession of Controlled Substance under 2 ounces
- Possession of Marihuana under 2 ounces
- Possession of Marihuana, 2 – 4 ounces
- Drug-Free Zone, Controlled Substance under 28 grams
- Drug-Free Zone Marihuana 2 – 4 ounces
- Forging or Altering Prescription
- Possession of Dangerous Drug
- Diversion of a Controlled Substance
- Attempt of any above listed offenses
Call today for help from an experienced Tarrant County Drug Possession Lawyer – 877-208-3382.