STATE & FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
Accused of a state or federal criminal offense in the DFW area? We offer experienced Fort Worth criminal defense lawyers and former Tarrant County prosecutors who can provide the best defense in fighting your charge. All of our criminal defense attorneys are former prosecutors with over 200 combined jury trials, from DWI to Capital Murder. Partner Colin McLaughlin is also Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has experience working for the Court of Criminal Appeals, the highest criminal court in Texas. We have offices in Fort Worth and Colleyville, Texas.
We represent clients on all types of State and Federal criminal charges, including drug possession charges, DWI, marijuana charges, sex crimes, crimes against children, theft, fraud, white collar crimes, gun and weapons charges, assault, murder, and violent crimes.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER | FORT WORTH & COLLEYVILLE, TEXAS
WHAT OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS HAVE TO OFFER:
EXTENSIVE TRIAL EXPERIENCE – OVER 200 CRIMINAL JURY TRIALS
Our firm has extensive trial experience in criminal defense. Our criminal defense lawyers in Fort Worth and Colleyville have tried over 200 combined criminal jury trials, including jury trials for DWI, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Sexual Assault, Drug Possession, Gun and Weapons Charges, Burglary of a Habitation, and Capital Murder. In addition, we have reviewed and successfully negotiated thousands of criminal charges.
FORMER PROSECUTORS IN TARRANT, DALLAS, AND HARRIS COUNTY
As former prosecutors in Tarrant, Dallas, and Harris County, our criminal defense lawyers know how the State of Texas will attempt to prosecute you on your criminal charges. This knowledge will allow our firm to build a strong defense in fighting your state or federal criminal charges. All of our criminal lawyers are former Tarrant County prosecutors. We also have former prosecutors who were assigned to specialized units, including DWI prosecution and crimes against children.
SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE IN CRIMINAL LAW & BOARD CERTIFIED IN CRIMINAL LAW BY THE TEXAS BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION
Our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyers know the inside and out of each and every aspect of a police investigation and State prosecution, including criminal laws, proper police procedures, DNA and blood forensic evidence, and knowing exactly how the State plans to introduce evidence into trial. Partner Colin McLaughlin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and previously clerked at the Court of Criminal Appeals, the state’s highest criminal court.
“PROTECTING YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!”
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.
– SIXTH AMENDMENT OF THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
ARRESTED IN TARRANT COUNTY?
EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER IN FORT WORTH & COLLEYVILLE
Then you need a criminal defense attorney who has the knowledge, the dedication, and the trial experience to give you the best defense possible. Hoeller McLaughlin PLLC offers attorneys who are all former criminal prosecutors, with extensive trial experience in criminal defense and DWI litigation.
Managing Partner Bryan Hoeller is a former Assistant District Attorney (prosecutor) in both the Tarrant and Dallas County District Attorney’s Offices. He has extensive experience as a criminal defense attorney in Fort Worth handling thousands of misdemeanor and felony charges, ranging from DWI to Capital Murder. Partner Colin McLaughlin is a former Assistant District Attorney (prosecutor) in both Tarrant and Harris County. He is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Lindsay Truly is a former DWI Assistant District Attorney in Tarrant County, who has over 50 DWI jury trials and has extensive experience and expertise in handling DWI charges.
Our criminal defense lawyers have combined for over 200 jury trials, including trials for DWI, DWI-Misdemeanor Repetition, DWI-Felony Repetition, DWI w/ Child, Theft, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Marijuana, Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon (UCW), Resisting Arrest, Assault Bodily Injury, Assault Family Violence, Assault Family Violence with Prior, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Robbery, Burglary of a Habitation, Sexual Assault of a Child, Murder, and Capital Murder.
Some of our accolades:
- All of our attorneys are former Tarrant County prosecutors with extensive trial experience (over 200 combined jury trials).
- All of our attorneys have 5 star ratings and reviews on Google and AVVO.
- All of our attorneys were named by Fort Worth Magazine as Top Criminal Defense Lawyers in Fort Worth for 2020.
- Managing Partner Bryan Hoeller has been named by Fort Worth Magazine as Top Criminal Defense Lawyer in Fort Worth for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Managing Partner Bryan Hoeller has been named by Thomson Reuters as a Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Partners Bryan Hoeller and Colin McLaughlin are both recognized as Top 100 Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyer’s Association in 2018.
- Partner Colin McLaughlin is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Partner Lindsay Truly is our DWI expert, who has tried over 50 DWI jury trials and has received extensive training in DWI defense.
- Partner Lindsay Truly has been named by 360 West Magazine as a Top Criminal and DWI Attorney in Fort Worth for 2020 and 2021.
- Attorney Dustin Trammel has been named a Top Attorney by Fort Worth Magazine for 2020 in Criminal Defense and is a Veteran of the US Army and served two tours in Iraq.
OUR STRATEGY IN FIGHTING YOUR CRIMINAL CHARGE:
Our strategy is simple: Be 100% committed to holding the State of Texas or the U.S. Government to their burden of proof (Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, the highest burden in any area of law). Our goal is a dismissal or a No Bill by the Grand Jury. We accomplish this by thoroughly evaluating your case to make sure you are getting the best criminal defense possible. In addition, we make sure your constitutional rights are not being violated.
Here are some of the questions we consider as well as investigate:
1. Did the officer have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to pull you over or make contact with you?
2. Was the stop, search, or investigation illegal under the U.S. Constitution?
3. Is there a suppression issue in your case that would throw out the evidence?
4. Did the officer follow the proper guidelines and police procedures when conducting their investigation?
5. If there was a search warrant, did the search warrant meet the requirements set out under Chapter 18 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure?
6. If DNA, Toxicology, Fingerprints, Gunshot Residue (GSR) or other law enforcement tests were conducted or administered, were the tests conducted according to their respective forensic guidelines or is there is an issue that would compromise the result?
7. Is there an issue with the background of one or many of the State’s witnesses that would affect the credibility of their testimony?
To get started on your defense, call one of our experienced criminal defense lawyers today for a free confidential consultation – 877-208-3382.
DEFERRED PROSECUTION & DIVERSION PROGRAMS
Tarrant County offers many deferred prosecution and diversion programs that can help protect your criminal record and can help protect your future. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Deferred Prosecution Program (DPP) for young offenders who seek to keep a clean record,
- First Offender Drug Program (FODP) for first time drug offenders,
- Deferred Prosecution Initiative (DPI), for first time offenders needing help with sobriety.
- Veterans Court Diversions Program,
- Public Safety Employees Treatment Court (First Responders Diversion Program),
- Domestic Violence Diversion Program,
- Mental Health Diversion Program,
- DIRECT Program (for Drug offenders),
- Felony Alcohol Intervention Program (FAIP)(a felony DWI probation program).
Call today to see if you qualify for one of these diversion programs and to see if a Fort Worth criminal lawyer can help you with your criminal charge.
LIST OF STATE & FEDERAL CASES WE HANDLE
- Federal Charges
- Murder & Violent Crimes
- Gun & Weapons Charges (i.e. Unlawful Possession of a Firearm)
- State & Federal White Collar Crimes (i.e. Fraud, Money Laundering)
- State & Federal Drug Possession Charges (i.e. Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, THC, Etc.)
- State & Federal Drug Delivery Charges (i.e. Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, Etc.)
- State & Federal Theft & Embezzlement Charges
- Burglary of a Building
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Robbery
- Burglary of a Habitation
- Aggravated Kidnapping
- Sex Crimes and Sexual Assault
- Felony DWI & Intoxication Related Charges (i.e. DWI with Child Passenger, Intoxication Assault, Intoxication Manslaughter)
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- DWI-Misdemeanor Repetition (2nd)
- DWI with BAC > 0.15
- Drug Possession & Controlled Substance Offenses
- Possession of Marijuana Arrests
- All Theft Offenses
- Assault Bodily Injury
- ABI – Family Member & Family Violence Offenses
- Violation of a Protective Order
- Gun & Weapons charges (UCW)
- Resisting Arrest
- Evading Arrest
- Criminal Trespass
- Terroristic Threat
- Deadly Conduct
FORT WORTH CRIMINAL LAWYER BLOG
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION, CHECK OUT OUR CRIME BLOG:
If you are facing a possession of marijuana charge in Texas, the extent of your potential penalty will depend upon the amount of marijuana, your prior criminal history, and whether any additional charges apply to the situation. By working with a criminal defense lawyer in Ft. Worth, you may be able to reach an acceptable...